Meteorologist Melissa Magee Joins NBC4’s Award-Winning Weather Team

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA – NBC4/KNBC announced today that Melissa Magee will join its award-winning weather team as a meteorologist, starting November 2. Magee will anchor weather on NBC4’s weekday newscasts at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.

A Los Angeles native who grew up watching NBC4, she joins the station following a successful career at WPVI-TV in Philadelphia.  For more than 11 years, she has reported on wide-ranging and severe weather conditions in multiple climates.  In addition, her on-air versatility has expanded to include hosting special news programs and lifestyle shows.

“Melissa understands the uniqueness of our market and the many microclimates that impact our viewers,” said Renee Washington, Vice President of News of NBC4. “Her strong meteorological skills and upbeat personality will be an asset to our First Alert weather team.”

Magee started her career at KBAK-TV in Bakersfield and later joined KDUH-TV in Nebraska.  In 2006, she was a weather anchor at AccuWeather in Pennsylvania.

Magee is also passionate about giving back to the community where she lives and works.  For years, she has supported several nonprofit groups helping the underserved. She volunteers to coach and mentor young girls and remains active with several organizations in Orange County.  A graduate of UCLA, Magee holds a B.A. in English and has a certificate in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.

NBC4 is the West Coast flagship station of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations, serving the vast region since 1949.  NBC4 produces 41 hours each week of local news and weather, and the station features the largest award-winning investigative unit in Southern California.  The station also produces “California Live,” a live weekday 30-minute lifestyle show featuring the latest in entertainment, travel and lifestyle trends across the Golden State.  NBC4’s news operation has received nearly every industry award bestowed on local news, including numerous Los Angeles Emmy and Golden Mike Awards, two national and two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, and a Peabody Award.  NBC4 news is delivered across the main broadcast on channel 4, at www.nbcla.com, and through multiple interactive social media platforms 24/7.  The NBC Owned Television Stations, a division of NBCUniversal, also operates COZI TV (www.cozitv.com), a national network that brings viewers some of America’s most beloved and iconic television shows and movies.

18 Comments

1. Karen on November 2, 2020 at 8:58 pm

Good Luck Melissa. We will mis you here in Philly
    Congratulations!!

2. Bob on November 3, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Melissa, The Firefighters in Philly miss you! Our loss is LA’s gain. Congratulations and Good Health!

3. ANN MARIE HOLDEN on November 3, 2020 at 8:55 pm

NBC4 is extremely lucky to be adding Melissa to their
    Team. Her smile lights up the room and her upbeat personality is catchy. Best Wishes Melissa in your new role at NBC4.

4. Dave on November 4, 2020 at 8:16 am

Melissa Magee was for 11 years the most engaging personality on any station in the Philadelphia market. She deserves an anchor position wherever she goes. Melissa, we want you back in Philly, but I guess we will be watching you in LA for now. All the best.

5. Pati on November 4, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Melissa, Good Luck! We miss you here in Philadelphia and wishing you success in your new opportunity in LA. The local community will love you as much as we do. 😊

6. Margie Ciuffo on November 5, 2020 at 4:48 am

Congrats Melissa!!! Wishing you the best but we will miss you forever

7. Jewelle on November 5, 2020 at 7:07 am

Melissa, you are a huge loss to Philadelphia viewers. As it turns out, I retired and I will be moving from Philly to Orange County, CA next spring, to be with family. I am thrilled that I will be able to see your upbeat, informative broadcasts again. Wishing you all the best, young lady. NBC 4 is fortunate to have you.

8. Rhonda on November 5, 2020 at 5:44 pm

We miss you already in Philly doing the weather and your super energy on FYI Philly! They are so fortunate to have you in CA. All the best!!!

9. Christina on November 7, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Hi. Congrats on the new job. Show LA your Philly swag. We miss u here on 6ABC. All the best.

10. Julia Green on November 8, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Hi there, so use to seeing you on the weekends. However I now know you moved on. I wish you God’s best. You are missed. Be bless and continue to be a blessing to this world…

11. Dave on November 10, 2020 at 7:48 am

Happy Birthday (tomorrow)!

12. Darryl on November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Melissa you were my dad’s favorite(he passed in 2017) and you have also become my favorite meteorologist. Cali is lucky to have you!

13. David from Hammonton, NJ and a former US Army Veteran on November 12, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Dear Melissa,

I know this may sound selfish, but I wish you were still here because you had always made my day when you were on air. I know however family is very important and although I do understand your departure I just wanted to say you will always have a family here in the tri-State area. I really do wish you well and may God watch over you, and thank you for many years of hard work. I know we will miss you on the Boardwalk getting on those crazy rides! I actually feel I lost a friend I never met. With much love.

Dave

14. William on November 15, 2020 at 6:43 pm

Melissa, my wife and I just want to say that we miss a very classy lady with one of the most captivating personalities that has graced any television station in our City of Brotherly love. We wish you the utmost success in everything you undertake in your profession.

15. Veronica on November 16, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Congrats Melissa!!

You be missed here in Philly!! You were my favorite meteorologist at WPVI!

16. Sheila Wiese on November 23, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Love your infectious smile! The blue dress was awesome too!

17. Karen on November 24, 2020 at 4:39 pm

We miss you BIG TIME here in Philly!! It’s gonna be so very hard to replace you…your personality and “style sense” were second to none…you brought so much to not only your weather forcasts, but also to FYI and your truly wonderful “down the shore” reports and adventures. So happy that you’re back home with your family and a job you truly deserve, but you will always hold a special place in our hearts here…you were certainly one of the BEST news personalities to ever grace 6ABC!!

18. Madeline Farren on November 27, 2020 at 1:40 pm

I was watching the news on NBC today and who do I see—Melissa Magee—yeah!! Moved to SoCal a few years ago and saw you recently left Philadelphia and Action News to be with your family here. Loved you there and am sure you’ll do a terrific job here. Best wishes!