The Southern Truth

Avoid Wildfire-Related Sicknesses: Check Air Quality to Protect Your Health

By Quinci LeGardye | California Black Media    This year’s wildfire season has already been out of the ordinary. About 3.3 million acres have burned across vast tracts of California, Oregon and Washington. The areas surrounding those places have also been affected by dangerous levels of smoke over the last few weeks.   Although the skies in the Bay Area are no longer orange and the air quality has improved, wildfire season is not over.  Therefore, officials are advising people…

Read More

BDO Survey: 58% of African Americans Say They Won’t Take COVID-19 Vaccine

  CHICAGO /PRNewswire/ — A recent survey on Blackdoctor.org (BDO) revealed a staggering 58% of the respondents wouldn’t take a COVID-19 vaccination as soon as it’s available. In addition to 58% saying “no” to the vaccine, 22% reported they would take the vaccine, but had “concerns”. In total, 80% of respondents either said “no” or…

Read More

The World Expected Too Much From Obama. Now It Expects Too Much of Kamala Harris

  Rashmee Roshan LallFlorida @rashmeerl When Joe Biden said of Kamala Harris, “Her story is America’s story”, it felt like 2008 in India all over again. I was editor of the Sunday Times of India, the country’s largest English-language newspaper, and based in the Indian capital. My husband was cultural attaché at the US embassy in New Delhi. Barack Obama had just…

Read More

Willie Brown: Kamala Harris Should ‘Politely Decline’ Any Offer to Be Biden’s Running Mate

By Zack Budryk From thehill.com Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown (D) advised Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) to “politely decline” any offer to be presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s running mate. Brown wrote that the vice presidency would likely hinder any further political ambitions for Harris. “Historically, the vice presidency has often ended up being a dead end. For…

Read More

The Political and Media Witch Hunt of Dr. Immanuel Must Stop!

By Gloria Zuurveen Editor-in-Chief When I look at how they are tearing down Dr. Stella Immanuel, I am reminded of what Isaiah said, “Whose report will you believe?”I am speaking of Black people specifically and others in general, whose report will you believe? Will you believe the white mainstream media or will you believe a Black…

Read More